Leasehold tenant representation
A Landlord seeking to let premises would normally employ an agent whose objective is to negotiate the highest rent and most favourable lease terms for them.
When carrying out an acquisition our role is to negotiate the most favourable terms for THE TENANT.
Why appoint LDG to act for you?
LDG offers a unique HANDS ON approach to managing your requirements. In utilising our extensive market knowledge, we are able to identify every available property on the market (and often ‘off market’ opportunities). This will ultimately save you time and will ensure all options in the market place have been explored.
Moving premises is an expensive exercise andcan be one of the most important decisions your business will make.Companies don’t think twice about taking legal and accounting advice but often neglect to take advice from a professional in respect to their relocation. This can result in over expenditure running into many tens of thousands over the period of a lease. We understandthat no two clients’ needs are the same and offer a bespoke, active service which ensures a smooth, hassle-free process. Whether you are seeking new offices, retail/gallery premises or any other use, LDG’s advice will cover the following: market conditions & trends, alternative locations, rental values/budget and lease incentives.
Our 12-step guide to a successful acquisition transaction:
- Fully understand the clients’ requirements:
we believe it is imperative to visit your existing set up to get feel for your business
identify all suitable options including direct approaches to local occupiers, owners and agents
- Prepare and present a full report on all availability.
- Arrange and accompany you to inspections.
- Establish a system to track any new opportunities.
- Advise on terms likely to be achieved and market conditions.
- Negotiate, agree and prepare favourable Heads of Terms.
- Measure the accommodation in accordance with the RICS Code of Measuring Practice (6th Edition) and re-negotiate terms if necessary.
- Formally instruct solicitors on your behalf.
- Oversee any structural survey (if applicable) and negotiate points raised.
- Liaise with solicitors on draft documentation.
- Assist with the logistics of your move – we have an extensive list of design & build, IT companies and general moving services that we can recommend.
- Ensure a smooth transition to completion of the acquisition, handle enquiries from suppliers, the press etc.
LDG has witnessed a growing trend of many organisations (end users) choosing to purchase their own premises rather than lease. With suitable availability within this sector being very limited specialist strategies need to be implemented. However the 12 step process detailed for leasehold acquisitions will take place in very much the same capacity.
We are confident that by representing your company we will be able to save you both time and money. In addition, we will be able to provide you with the comfort that when you finally move premises, you have done so in the knowledge that you would have seen all the suitable options throughout the market place.
We pride ourselves on our reputation of successful, reliable performance and look forward to having the opportunity to work with your company.
Please do not hesitate to contact our team to discuss your requirements. Alternatively, please complete the form below and one of our negotiators will contact you.